Our History and Hand in the Online Liquidation Process
You’re reading this because you’ve heard about us, stumbled upon us, or were searching for us. E
Who is B-Stock?
We officially planted our roots over a decade ago in 2008, but our story begins before that. Our CEO, Howard Rosenberg, was working at eBay at the time, best known for its auctions and consumer to consumer sales when he recognized the same need for business-to-business sales.
In 2004, Howard spearheaded and launched eBay’s Private Marketplaces group; private online auctions of business-to-business marketplaces for a variety of industries. This faction of eBay grew very quickly, and soon it was running dozens of marketplaces for large well-known companies.
Fast forward to late 2008, Howard branched out and B-Stock Solutions was born; operating private marketplaces for three retailers: Walmart, Sam’s Club, and Second Life. And now, B-Stock currently operates private marketplaces for more than 40 retailers; selling a wide variety of inventory across different categories, conditions, and lot sizes. Our impressive roster includes nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers including Costco, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot and others.
What Does B-Stock Do?
This is an important question as we care about our buyers and want to provide a clear explanation of our role in this online liquidation space. We like to think of ourselves as a matchmaker of sorts, an online auction platform bringing together sellers and buyers in one transparent place to sell and purchase merchandise.
What B-Stock Does:
- Creates custom online auction marketplaces for retailers to sell their returned and excess goods
- Provides buyers with direct access to these returned, excess, and other liquidation goods from major retailers via the retailer’s private marketplace
- Cuts out a middleman liquidator between top retailers and buyers, allowing our buyers a direct channel to purchase returned goods, excess inventory, shelf pulls, refurbished, and damaged goods
- Runs B-Stock Sourcing: a landing page where you can search across our network of retailer liquidation marketplaces by category, region, retailer, and even specific products
- Manages our own marketplace, B-Stock Supply: a site where you can source smaller lot sizes of returned and excess inventory from hundreds of sellers all in one place
- Powers the 1500 daily auctions across our network of liquidation marketplaces
- Assists in coordination of logistics and shipping through our trusted third party partners
- Handles payment processing between buyers and sellers
- Offers customer support to our buyers throughout the process
What B-Stock Doesn’t Do:
- Physically handle, own, or inspect any of the inventory from retailers; merchandise comes directly from the seller.
- Provide direct shipping of inventory (we have partners that handle)
We want our buyers to feel comfortable and have a clear