Trying Something New with Proven Methodologies
“To get something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.” ~Tiny Buddha
For major retailers with a history going back several decades, doing something new usually means pulling away from the-way-we’ve-always-done-it, which doesn’t always allow for new ideas. At B-Stock, we are all about new ideas, especially when it comes to increasing recovery rates on overstock and returned merchandise.
Nobody wants to be first when trying a new business idea. Trust us, we understand that, we’ve been talking to retail executives for close to a decade now on how to revolutionize the liquidation industry. We are now the world’s largest B2B auction platform—connecting retailers to buyers in a safe, secure, transparent environment for conducting sales through the secondary market. Think of us as an online mall specializing in liquidation that is filled with nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers and hundreds of SMB retailers (and a buyer network to match). But it wasn’t always that way… someone had to be the first.
Now, with close to 10 years of experience, B-Stock has developed an auction strategy playbook with proven results across all verticals. We liquidate everything from paper to mobile phones; from apparel to appliances. We can, and have, repeatedly proven successful with every new vertical we launch. But don’t take our word for it, check out some of our client success stories.
- After eliminating its dependence on a single liquidator, a global ecommerce company doubled its prices on returned and overstock inventory in three months.
- A Fortune 500 home improvement retailer was experiencing an increase in customer-returned appliances—name-brand washers, dryers, ranges and refrigerators and more. Find out how the the retailer increased recovery rates by 42% in a single quarter.
- One of the world’s largest online destinations for home furnishings and décor, was experiencing a higher volume of customer returns and other excess inventory due to explosive growth in sales. Find out how B-Stock’s customized data-driven methods have generated a 31% increase in gross merchandise value (GMV) over the retailer’s previous solution and target recovery goal.
- After separating out its mixed lots into smaller categories, including food and sundries, a Fortune 500 retailer tripled its pricing on the inventory.
- A large North American paper manufacturer was selling its excess product to a handful of buyers via a slow, manual process and wanted to: automate the sales process, increase the amount of interested buyers, and increase demand and pricing for the product.