With Black Friday and the endless stream of seemingly good bargains just days away, we’d like to arm you with our “buyer beware” guide before you go hunting for those post-Turkey Day deals. We’ve scoured through piles of returned presents and data from top retailers to see what people returned or what just didn’t sell well in stores. To make sure your hard-earned money doesn’t get re-gifted, returned, or sit collecting dust, let our list of the “5 Top Gift Flops” serve as a cautionary guide before you Black Friday this year.
The 2019 top holiday gift flops include:
- Cardigans and Pom-Pom Shoes: While Mr. Rogers is having a moment right now, apparently classic cardigans for women are not. And if you thought boots with the fur were bad…have you seen the shoes with pom-poms? Just, don’t do it.
- Air Fryers: These faux deep fryers have become the new Instant Pots…both of which are better left on store shelves.
- Stud Finders: If you find yourself walking the aisles at a hardware store looking for that perfect gift for dad, just keep walking past the stud finders. Clearly, stud dads have spoken and they don’t need help finding one. Runner up? Night vision goggles. Evidently, they’re not as useful as you’d think, especially if you live in the city!
- Cooling Towels: We’re guessing that suggesting someone sweats a lot to gift a cooling towel could be slightly insulting? Or, maybe people just still prefer old-fashioned fans and air conditioning.
- Fur Throw Pillows: You shouldn’t gift your decorating taste on to others regardless of how fabulously on-trend you think you are. Apparently, not everyone likes the look of an Alpaca living on their living room furniture.
Remember, just because it’s a good deal doesn’t mean it’s a good buy. So, now that you know what NOT to gift the people in your life this year, go on to make smart gift-giving choices! If you want to check out the goods up for auction on the B-Stock network, visit our B-Stock marketplaces page.