EFFECTIVE DATE: May 01, 2020
This Candidate Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies to prospective talent and job applicants and tells you how B-Stock Solutions Ltd (“B-Stock”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) processes personal data in connection with the talent sourcing, application and selection process. It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which B-Stock carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the Your Rights section.
We may also provide you with additional information when We collect personal data, where We feel this would be helpful to provide relevant and timely information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
B-Stock collects and processes the following types of personal data about you in connection with the talent sourcing, application and selection process.
- Contact details: such as your name, home address, email address, phone number;
- Information relating to your career: such as job history, academic background, qualifications, professional and personal competencies and skills, your job expectations;
- Information about your history of remuneration & benefits and your salary expectations;
- Information relating to your employment references (you will have ensured you have obtained consent from your references prior to providing Us the information);
- Information collected as part of the hiring process such as assessments and aptitude tests;
- Any other information you submit to Us as part of the recruitment process.
Such personal data may be collected in different ways: it may be contained in your CV, in your application form, your identification document, or may be gathered from interviews or assessments you take during the recruitment process. In some cases, it may also be collected from third parties, for example when seeking employment references or if We receive details of a certification or training you obtained. We may also receive your CV from recruiters and the results of verification and vetting checks from background checking providers. As part of Our talent sourcing programme, We often obtain your contact details from LinkedIn or other publicly available professional networking platforms or directories in accordance with the platform terms and where your privacy settings permit this so We can contact you to tell you about potential job opportunities.
Unless specifically responding to a question asked by Us please do not include any sensitive data as part of your application, i.e. information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health status or sexuality, or information regarding criminal convictions. If We do require this information in connection with your application, this will be highlighted to you where We will obtain any necessary consents or acknowledgements.
B-Stock is committed in leveraging each applicant’s skills and competencies to find the right match for a role in the organization as opportunities arise.
If you are successfully hired, B-Stock keeps this information for the course of the employment relationship and, to the extent permitted, after termination of employment. The protection of your personal data will then be governed by the applicable B-Stock EU Employee Privacy Notice v3.
If your application is not successful, We may retain and use your personal data for a further fixed period in accordance with Our Data Retention Policy in order to consider you for other job opportunities where permitted by applicable law and/or for as long as necessary to comply with legal record retention requirements. If you do not wish Us to retain your personal data, please contact Us at the email address set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please note, however, that some information may be retained as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations.
WHY WE COLLECT, USE AND STORE PERSONAL DATA
B-Stock processes this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required to establish and perform the employment contract. This includes processing your application for a specific job.
- Where necessary for B-Stock’s or another third party’s legitimate interests, as listed below, and where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
- Sourcing talent and administrating the recruitment process,
- Managing the selection process, making appropriate employment offer,
- Protecting Our legitimate business interests and legal rights, and where permitted,
- Where permitted, analyzing and monitoring the diversity of the applicants, in accordance with applicable laws. This includes for example, compliance with equal opportunity employment laws,
- Carrying out background checks to verify the details you have supplied during the recruitment process.
We have carried out balancing tests for all the personal data processing We carry out on the basis of legitimate interests, which We have described above. You can obtain information on any of Our balancing tests by contacting Us at the email address set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Where required by applicable laws. Immigration documentation is processed to ensure the candidate is entitled to work on the territory where the job is located.
- To comply with specific provisions of law concerning personal data processing at work or for reasons of substantial public interest as determined by local law.
As a global organization headquartered in the United States and we have offices and / or employees across the EU. Therefore we will transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to members of Our Group as well as to third parties. B-Stock has appropriate safeguards in place to protect this personal data, including standard contractual clauses. To obtain a copy of the document being used to protect your personal data, please contact Us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED
We share some of your information with other members of B-Stock to administer and manage the talent sourcing and recruitment process. We also share your information with any other B-Stock location to whom you make an application or with whom you communicate. Where this requires Us to transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, please refer to the International Transfers Section above for further details on cross-border transfers.
Your personal data will also be shared with companies providing services under contract to the B-Stock companies such as software and data storage providers. In addition, it may also be shared with government authorities, regulators and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law and if required for the legal protection of B-Stock’s legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
B-Stock has taken appropriate technical, administrative, physical and procedural security measures, consistent with local and international information practices, to protect the personal data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction. These measures include:
- Physical safeguards, such as locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to Our facilities, and secure destruction of media containing personal data.
- Technology safeguards, such as use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, passwords, encryption, and monitoring of Our systems and data centers to ensure compliance with Our security policies.
- Organizational safeguards, through training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to ensure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect personal data, as well as through privacy policies and policy standards that govern how B-Stock treats personal data.
You have the right to ask B-Stock for a copy of your personal data, to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular where We don’t have to process the personal data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
Where We have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to B-Stock processing your personal data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time. There are exceptions to these rights so that access may be denied, for example, if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if B-Stock is legally prevented from disclosing such information. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in local data protection laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions We rely upon when responding to any request you make.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority in the country where you live, work or where We are located. You may also be able to seek a remedy through the courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.
Any aptitude tests taken form part of the application process but are not solely determinative of your outcome or success.
It is important that We maintain up to date records of key information on you. Please notify Us of any changes in your personal circumstances as soon as they occur (e.g., change of address).
Where We require personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such personal data is mandatory: if such personal data is not provided, then We will not be able to manage the recruitment process or meet obligations placed on Us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal data is optional. However, We may not be able to process your application properly. You can exercise your rights by using the contact details below.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically. We will update the date at the top of this Privacy Notice accordingly. On some occasions, We may also actively advise you of specific data handling activities or significant changes to this Privacy Notice as required by applicable law.
The data controller for your personal data will be B-Stock Solutions Ltd.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to contact Us for any reason in relation to Our personal data processing, please contact Our Data Protection Officer at DPO@bstock.com or at the address set forth below.
B-Stock Solutions Ltd
Belmont (US) – Headquarters
1301 Shoreway Rd.
Belmont, CA 94002
Other B-Stock Locations:
38 Chauncy St.
Boston, MA 02111
|Salt Lake City (US)|
10619 South Jordan Gateway
South Jordan, UT 84095
3751 Maguire Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32803
1-2 Napier Court
Napier Rd, Reading RG1 8BW, UK