Around 20% of consumer electronics purchases are returned: the biggest drivers include customer dissatisfaction and frustration with the product. Given constant technology upgrades and open boxes or torn packaging, many of the items cannot be resold as new, at full price. Having a secondary market plan in place – one that recoups the most value – for these particular products is crucial.
This video chat takes a look at the consumer electronics secondary market including:
- Where it’s headed when it comes to product lifecycle and remarketing
- The best channels to quickly turn this customer-returned “risk inventory” into cash
- What to be aware of when it comes to brand control
- Best practices used by Best Buy and Samsung, among others
- Why a B2B online auction marketplace can solve for recovery, velocity and brand control