B-Stock Supply Buyer Protection Program
Auctions over $300, sold in the US and Canada, are automatically protected.
Buyer Protection protects your purchase in the unlikely event that the seller does not properly disclose the product's condition, incorrectly lists the product type or model, fails to deliver the goods or if the goods are stolen.
- The inventory has damage or defects not previously disclosed in the auction listing
- The inventory quantity was listed incorrectly
- The product type/model was listed incorrectly
- The product was stolen at the time of transaction
- The seller doesn’t produce the inventory after the buyer receives receipt of winning bid
Purchases are covered when ALL of the following criteria are met:
- There has been a successful purchase on B-Stock Supply with a winning bid of at least US $300.
- The buyer and seller are located in the U.S. or Canada.
- The merchandise is being shipped within the U.S. or Canada.
- The claim/report is made within 2 days of delivery of the damaged/misrepresented inventory and within 30 days of the date the auction sold. Claims associated with stolen inventory must be made within 90 days after the auction was sold.
- All damage claims, material defects, or shortage of inventory claims must be documented in writing and include the purchase order, photos, bill of lading, and/or shipping manifest.
What's not covered?
- Any transaction canceled by the buyer
- Any loss due to damage or misrepresentation discovered by the buyer prior to completion of the transaction
- Any ancillary losses, punitive damages, lost profits, inspections cost, restocking fees or other expenses incurred by the buyer
- More than one claim by the buyer on the same completed transaction.
- Condition disputes for merchandise listed in salvage condition.
Buyer Protection does NOT apply if:
- Purchases are under US $300.
- Buyer fails to submit payment.
- Buyer refuses delivery of product.
- Buyer deactivates account.
- Buyer resides outside the U.S. or Canada (at the time of the transaction).
- Seller/merchandise resides outside the U.S. or Canada.
- Buyer purchased the inventory on a marketplace other than B-Stock Supply.
How to file a claim?
To file a claim and request a reimbursement, click the “PROBLEM?” link on your order page and fill out the claim form. The claim must be filed within 2 days of delivery, or within 30 days of the purchase date if the product has not been delivered. Claims associated with stolen property must be made within 90 days of the purchase date. You will be contacted about next steps within one business day.
How long will the claim process take?
After you file a claim, your complaint will be investigated by outside third party, Auction Insurance Agency (AIA). AIA will first attempt to reach an amicable resolution between buyer and seller. If a resolution cannot be reached with the seller, you’ll be notified of the settlement you qualify for. Claim processing times can differ depending on the nature of the dispute, but every effort will be made to finalize your claim within 10 business days.
While your claim is being investigated do not sell, alter or return the disputed product until receiving official authorization by AIA to do so.
How much is covered?
Buyer Protection covers the total amount of the eligible inventory plus up to $1000* in documented shipping expenses, up to $20,000.
* If you qualify for a refund of the entire purchase price, you will be reimbursed for your original shipping expenses, up to a maximum of $1000. In order to get the shipping reimbursement, the product must be returned to the seller or resold on B-Stock Supply by AIA.
Termination or Amendment
B-Stock may terminate Buyer Protection or modify these Terms & Conditions with or without notice to you. The Terms & Conditions of the Buyer Protection Program specified on this page at the time of your purchase will apply. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms & Conditions to ensure you are familiar with them at the time of your purchase.